Here you can find information on various kinds of DAAD funding for students, graduates and postdocs as well as on funding offered by other selected organisations.
- Weimar-Fellowships: Support for graduates, post-doctoral researchers and habilitated scientists who wish to use the Weimar collections for their research work. Fellows can work in all institutions maintained by the Klassik Stiftung Weimar, with preference given to the Goethe and Schiller Archive, the Duchess Anna Amalia Library and the museums in order to use the broad inventory of historic books, manuscripts and other documents.
- Nietzsche-Fellowships: The fellowship enables a 2-month stay for "free spirits" in Weimar and aims to promote a philosophical, a scientific or an essayistic project. A reference to Nietzsche’s philosophy is expedient, though not obligatory.
- Bauhaus-Fellowships: Grant for artists and culture workers whose projects have a closer or wider reference to Weimar and/or current matters. The project should become visible within the public realm, for example in form of an exhibition, an event or an intervention.
Number of Scholarships
Grant: 1,500 EUR per month
- Letter of motivation (approx. 1 page)
- Abstract of research plan or art project (10–15 lines)
- For Weimar and Nietzsche Fellowships: Brief outline of the project profiling the applicant’s own research interests, the current standing of research in the relevant field and the applicant’s own preliminary work.
- For Weimar Fellowships: Please describe how your research project engages with collections in Weimar (4-5 pages)
- For Bauhaus Fellowships: detailed project description with an explanation of any previous work, a timeline and a presentation concept (4–5 pages)
- Curriculum Vitae in tabular form
- List of publications, if applicable