The “Green Talents – International Forum for High Potentials in Sustainable Development” programme has been hosted by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research for more than 10 years. Honouring 25 young international researchers each year, the programme has successfully fostered the global exchange of innovative green ideas within the field of sustainability and it has strengthened Germany as a research location.
Master's students, PhD students, postdocs, as well as young professionals, with no more than 3 years of professional work experience (excluding professional work experiences gained within the scope of an academic degree) and a strong focus on sustainable development
enrolment in a Master's or PhD programme or completion of a Master's or PhD programme no more than 3 years ago
Number of Scholarships
Every year, 25 scientists receive the coveted Green Talents Award. Since 2009, there have been 307 award winners from 72 countries (as of 2022).
Research stay up to 3 months
- an invitation to the fully funded Green Talents Science Forum, consisting of
- visits to leading German sustainability facilities, institutions and companies with exclusive insights into their pioneering research and projects,
- individual appointments with German experts of your choosing to discuss possibilities for upcoming joint research and cooperation efforts,
- networking opportunities with key representatives of the German sustainability landscape,
- a fully funded research stay of up to 3 months at an institution of your own choice in Germany,
- exclusive access for you to the Green Talents alumni network.